Friday, July 23, 2010
Frustrations are a part of life, so I will list my top 3..... what are your frustrations for the week?
My top 3 frustrations this week:
1. My health. Once again I am having health issues. I am in pain, bloated, crampy, and moody as all get out. I am so over this. My first surgery was just over a year ago, my second just over 7 months. I have no reproductive organs left... what could possible hurt now?
2. My husband. Too much time together makes me crazy. He was on vacation last week and did not have many hours this week. If he could be more productive when he is home, perhaps I could be less naggy. I just want things around the house fixed. Is a working dishwasher too much to ask for?
3. My almost 4 year old getting hurt at the pool. My son, being as clumsy as his mother, tripped over his own towel and fell face first onto cement. He busted his lip, scraped his face, and gave himself a bloody nose. His face looks much better now, just in time for his 4th birthday this weekend. I felt so bad for him. It is frustrating as a mother to not be able to take your child's pain away.
This Sunday is my baby boy's 4th birthday. I have no idea where the time has gone. I am happy that he is getting bigger because it enables us to do more together, like movies, games, etc. it makes me sad though since I cannot have anymore children. Cohen is a very strong willed, independent, fearless little boy with a big heart and a love for life. I still remember the day he was born like yesterday. Although the first two years were a challenge, to say the least, I cannot imagine my life or my family without him.
I decided it was time for a new look for my blog. It may take some time as I am NOT computer savvy in the least. I really like the new beach background because I love the beach. I would do anything, well almost, to live on the beach. The sounds, smells, the look of the water, I love it all. I am most relaxed by the water, my feet in the sand, and a great book in hand. I will be spending most of next week, just that way, plus a great friend!
So the other day at the pool, while my son was gushing blood from his beautiful face, a lady approached me. She asked me if we needed any help and if C was alright. I assured her we were fine and thanked her. She then turns to her 3 kids and says see this is exactly why you don't run at the pool. OMGeeeeeeeee I was mad. First off Cohen was not running, hell he wasn't even walking. He stood up and tripped over his towel. Second of all my son is sitting on a bench bleeding from his mouth and nose, so get the eff out of the locker room and let us deal with him. I was seriously ticked that she was using my son as a teaching lesson for her kids and that she made it sound like it was Cohen's fault because he was running. If my child was not bleeding and I was not freaking out I would have let her have it. Seriously, who does that?!?! And who does that in front of the child who is crying and bleeding all over his beach towel?
Once again I am going through a blogging drought. Once summer hit I became too busy, or maybe lazy. The boys and I are enjoying our summer. We have been going to the beach and pool quite often. I have a great tan and I am loving the sun. Next week we leave for a week in Pentwater. We will be staying in my mother in law's camper, which will be a nice break from tent camping. I can't believe summer is already half over. That saddens me as I am NOT a cold weather type of girl!
Monday, May 17, 2010
Friday: I went to some garage sales with one of my nearest and dearest friends Jodi. Make sure to check out her blog here for more good reads and to tell us all about your weekend. I struck out at the sales but I always enjoy going either way. Friday evening I stayed home with the boys and we played Toy Story Uno and watched Iron Man.
Saturday: I woke up early and went to more garage sales with another near and dear friend and her children and my youngest son. I found a few things, but nothing too exciting. Then I went to the local zoo with my mother in law and sister in law. My boys and I got to touch a sting ray, which I have to admit really scared me. Then I came home and in all honesty I cannot for the life of me remember what I did.
Sunday: I was enjoying a long soak in the bathtub with a good book when my phone rang. It was my friend Danielle who lives out of town. She was in town and wanted to do lunch. I was so excited to see her, I have not seen her since Christmas. We used to work together and talked all the time. Now life gets in the way. After lunch I did hours upon hours of yard work, including weeding my flower garden and mowing the back yard. For dinner we grilled out chicken, burgers, and grilled asparagus with lemon pepper seasoning and a bit of olive oil. After dinner I went roller blading and tried out running for the first time. I am not very good at it, but I am willing to give it a shot. I came home from there and went bike riding with my neighbor to the ice cream shop. It was yummy and totally not on my diet, but well deserved. I then got the boys to bed and went to bed myself where I tried to read but I was beat. Before I knew it Monday was here and my alarm was going off.
Here are some questions from Curious as a Cat Be sure to check them out and answer the questions for yourself.
1) What has been the most meaningful moment of your life so far? Giving birth to my first child. I knew at that moment my life would never be the same. There are no words to describe the amount of joy you are filled with. It is amazing how much you can love someone you have never met before. I will never forget that moment, staring into his eyes and knowing he was a part of me. Unconditional love.
2) Do you prefer listening to string instruments, woodwinds, brass, or percussion? String instruments, I am sure mainly because my husband plays (or played) the guitar. I like percussion as well. It seems that I have always been attracted to the musically inclined, although I am not musically inclines at all.
3) Which is worse: being too hot or being too cold? Being too cold. I hate being cold. Winter in Michigan is brutal for me. I actually like getting into my car in the summer when it is scorching inside.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
My first thought was what was that. After I figured out that it is a hang glider I immediately thought of Outer Banks, North Carolina. You can hang glide down the sand dunes and it looks like so much fun.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Last year when I first started getting the cysts I gained a lot of weight. Since then I have not been able to get it off. I am determined now to lose it all plus some. I have started watching what I eat, cutting calories, and exercising more. Today I went roller blading for 3 miles and then I tried running. I am not a runner by any stretch of the imagination but I figured I would give it a try. I made it one mile with lots of walking, stopping, and panting in between. I am so proud of myself for even attempting it.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
This is Fuzzface Pinkerwinker Cheescake, Fuzzy for short. She has been part of our family for a little over a year and she is a great cat. We call her our dog-cat because she likes to play fetch. Fuzzy is the perfect addition to our family. In this picture she is making it quite known that she is NOT a fan of getting her picture taken.
To find more pics of cute litte critters come visit Camera Critters!
Last year I decided that I wanted to try out camping. As a child we went camping in our pop up camper but alas I do not own one of those..... yet. My mother in law bought me a huge tent and off my friends and I went on our adventures. This year I wanted to buy more supplies to make camping a bit easier. All winter I have gone up and down the camping aisles in search of a great deal on my wants. Last week Mike and I went to Kmart for a late Mother's Day present for me. I wanted a car top carrier to help haul my goodies. I ended up getting one on clearance for $32 bucks. Then we found a lantern for $10 and then the best deal of all.... something I have been wanting and waiting for a great deal on winter: a camping stove. The stove was marked $20.00, originally 49.99. We threw it all in our cart and went to check out. The stove only rang up $5.00. I was so geeked, the cheapness in me was thrilled. Then Friday when out garage sale-ing with another bestie I got a text from a friend to check out Meijer for a set of Coleman camping pots, on clearance for $8.75. I love a great deal and now I all set for camping. The season kicks off next Friday for me and I am so ready!
I woke up early this morning to go to a few garage sales with one of my besties Erica. We did not find many great deals but I still love going nonetheless. Afterward I took my boys to the zoo. My mother in law and sister in law came as well. The kids had a great time and even got to pet a sting ray. Mommy was not a big fan of that. I admit it, I am a eensy weensy bit overprotective. All in all the zoo was fun and the best part was I had free admission for the family. I love going to see the animals but I am always saddened by the lack of space the animals have.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Are you a Facebooker? Are you addicted to those stupid games that suck a person in at the drop of a hat? Would you care to share your Facebook identification link so that we may all stalk you be your friend? I am a Facebooker but do not play any games and in fact hate all of the notifications you receive. I like the groups entitled : I do not care about your farm, or your fish, or your park, or your mafia. Truer words have never been spoken.
If you had to be magically transformed into an animal that you loathe, which one would it be? And don't give me those "none" answers... I would be a bumble bee and then I would go and sting people in the ass for no reason.
What is the strangest thing you have said to:
* get a job? Sure I don't mind working nights and weekends. When what I really meant was wow I guess I will have no life at all while I work for you for crappy pay and crappier hours. Yes!
* get a date? Sure I would love to meet you if you are willing to drive 6 hours in the middle of the night. That's not weird at all. And then I married him..... 10 years and 2 kids later.
What cartoon character do you find the most sexiest? Spongebob of course. He can flop on the deck and flop like a fish. What more could a woman want?
When dog food is new with improved tasting, who tests it? I had a friend whose Grandfather liked to fry canned dog food and eat it. True story.
What does OK actually mean? It means Ola Kala, which means all right in English.
It came from Greek immigrants who worked on bridge construction in Australia and also in America. No I did not really know that, but spent 24 seconds to google it.
If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth? The real question here is how can you own a piece of land? Who originally "owned" it and had the right to sell it.
When you were in high school and were sitting in math class... when the day came to learn about 3.14, did you get hungry? Nah, I am not really a pie person.... I prefer cheesecake.
Have you ever been on the radio? No. My voice sounds like I smoke a pack a day, even though I do not and loathe it.
Beans, beans the magical fruit The more you eat, the more you toot The more you toot, the better you feel So let's have beans at every meal!
Why do people say that when beans are vegetables? Oh come on, everyone enjoys a little butt trumpet. You have to love the ditty above, it rhymes and everything. Have you ever tried to rhyme with the word vegetable. Not very easy me thinks.
What about tv? And I don't mean physically on top of the tv either, you silly people. Same goes for the radio question. I have been on television as a child. I was on an old show called Uncle Al or something. I was like 5. Here is Uncle Al....
Do you think Adam & Eve had belly buttons? I cannot answer this question on the grounds that it may considered offensive and grounds for removal due to violation of my terms of service.
If you were going to own a liquor store or a bar, what would you name it? I wouldn't name it. It would be a secret and you would have to be a member. You would get a jacket too. Or I would come up with a name when I am rip roaring drunk.... that could be fun.
How about you own a grocery store - what's it's name? Food is a waste of time, go to the liquor store. Good name, great moto.
If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life and no other, what would it be? And yes, it's going to be in series form so you don't actually have to watch the same episode over and over. Lost, hands down. I absolutely love this show and I am so saddened that it is coming to an end.
What was the name of your 3rd grade teacher? Mrs. Ripberger. Seriously, what a name.
Do you know how to parallel park? Nope, I barely passed that portion of my driving test. Have you seen the new car that does it for you? Genius, that's what that is.
What kinds of cereal do you have in your home right at this very moment? Trix swirls for the kiddos and Honey Nut Cheerios for me. Nothing too exciting.
If you were to have a garage sale tomorrow, what is the first item you own that you would say "I'm selling THAT!"? does my husband count? If so I would sell him, although I would have to hang a sign that clearly states AS IS and NO RETURNS. Kidding, I am. Maybe.
The preceding has been brought to you by Thursday Thunks. Check it out.... everyone is doing it!
Dear Mother Nature:
Have you ever heard the saying April showers bring May flowers? Well HELLO it is May and it has been raining all week. Not only is it raining but it is a cold rain. I am done with cold. I am done with cold and wet. I am ready for warmth and sunshine. I want to lay on my lawn chair, in my bathing suit and soak up some rays. I am not asking for much considering it is the middle of May and about 50 degrees outside. Please Mother Nature, take some pity on us here in Michigan who have suffered through your long, cold, and wet Winter. We are ready.
A cold wet friend.
Trying to get back into the swing of things again so I will start with Thursday Thirteen. To read or participate in TT then head on over here!
13 Places I Want To Visit
1. Hawaii - never been but it looks beautiful. I would love to scuba dive and check out the waterfalls and beautiful land.
2. Florida - I want to go there to visit a friend who is going to have her first baby this summer. I have never been to Florida but going to meet Sarah's baby would be great.
3. Washington D.C. - I went there about 10 years ago and I loved it. So much to see and do. I love the history of the area as well
4. Columbus, Ohio - My brother is a senior at Ohio State University and I would love to go spend a weekend there. There is a really awesome science museum called Cosi that my boys loved and a zoo that we could check out. I miss my brother and it would be fun to spend time with him as well.
5. Outer Banks, North Carolina - I went to OBX for the first time right after high school graduation. It is beautiful. I love the ocean and the way everything smells and feels around it. There is a part of the Outer Banks where wild horses run on the beach. It is so fascinating watching them roam. This is also where my first son was conceived. In the past years it has become over commercialized which saddens me.
6. Edisto Island, South Carolina - another beach town but with Southern charm. It is not commercialized and I just love it there. It is so relaxing and perfect.
7. Cincinnati, Ohio - I was born and raised in this city and I love it. There is so much to do, I love the weather, and my family is there. It will always be "home" to me.
8. Chicago when it warm outside - Every year my friends and I go to Chi-town for a girls get away. Every year it is cold and/or raining. We have so much fun in the city, shopping, drinking, just observing. Yet every time we go we freeze our bottoms off. I want to go there and lay on the beaches of Lake Michigan and then put on a summer dress and hit a bar or two. No coats, no sweaters, just me and some flip flops.
9. The Grand Canyon - I have never been out west. I think the Grand Canyon is amazing and I would love to go on a road trip to check it out.
10. Egypt - I would love to go to Egypt and see the pyramids. I am so fascinated by the Egyptian culture. They were extremely smart and inventive for their time.
11. Yellowstone National Park - Again I have never been out west but Yellowstone looks stunning. It would be neat to see geysers and observe the local wildlife up close.
12. Great Barrier Reef in Australia - You can see it from the outer space and it is the world’s largest single structure, which is made of living organisms.
The reef supports 10,000 species which consists of 1500 types of fishes and 200 kinds of birds. So beautiful.
13. Last and not least Niagara falls - It would be awesome to take a ride on the famous maid-of-the-mist boats.
I am a bad blogger. Before my surgery I was blogging daily of my experiences with Lupron. That was easy and I felt like I had something to say. Now I don't know what to say but alas I am going to try again. I am currently struggling to lose weight. With my medical problems in the past year I have gained weight. Weight that I had busted arse to lose in the first place. It is so frustrating. My doctor says that I should be happy with the way I look and accept it. I think he needs to take a flying leap, nicely of course. SO here I am, dieting and exercising and ready for camping!! That is all I have for now, I will check back later and try and keep up with this!!