Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend In Review



Friday: I went to some garage sales with one of my nearest and dearest friends Jodi. Make sure to check out her blog here for more good reads and to tell us all about your weekend. I struck out at the sales but I always enjoy going either way. Friday evening I stayed home with the boys and we played Toy Story Uno and watched Iron Man.

Saturday: I woke up early and went to more garage sales with another near and dear friend and her children and my youngest son. I found a few things, but nothing too exciting. Then I went to the local zoo with my mother in law and sister in law. My boys and I got to touch a sting ray, which I have to admit really scared me. Then I came home and in all honesty I cannot for the life of me remember what I did.

Sunday: I was enjoying a long soak in the bathtub with a good book when my phone rang. It was my friend Danielle who lives out of town. She was in town and wanted to do lunch. I was so excited to see her, I have not seen her since Christmas. We used to work together and talked all the time. Now life gets in the way. After lunch I did hours upon hours of yard work, including weeding my flower garden and mowing the back yard. For dinner we grilled out chicken, burgers, and grilled asparagus with lemon pepper seasoning and a bit of olive oil. After dinner I went roller blading and tried out running for the first time. I am not very good at it, but I am willing to give it a shot. I came home from there and went bike riding with my neighbor to the ice cream shop. It was yummy and totally not on my diet, but well deserved. I then got the boys to bed and went to bed myself where I tried to read but I was beat. Before I knew it Monday was here and my alarm was going off.

post signature

No comments: