Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Thirteen



Trying to get back into the swing of things again so I will start with Thursday Thirteen. To read or participate in TT then head on over here!

13 Places I Want To Visit

1. Hawaii - never been but it looks beautiful. I would love to scuba dive and check out the waterfalls and beautiful land.
2. Florida - I want to go there to visit a friend who is going to have her first baby this summer. I have never been to Florida but going to meet Sarah's baby would be great.
3. Washington D.C. - I went there about 10 years ago and I loved it. So much to see and do. I love the history of the area as well
4. Columbus, Ohio - My brother is a senior at Ohio State University and I would love to go spend a weekend there. There is a really awesome science museum called Cosi that my boys loved and a zoo that we could check out. I miss my brother and it would be fun to spend time with him as well.
5. Outer Banks, North Carolina - I went to OBX for the first time right after high school graduation. It is beautiful. I love the ocean and the way everything smells and feels around it. There is a part of the Outer Banks where wild horses run on the beach. It is so fascinating watching them roam. This is also where my first son was conceived. In the past years it has become over commercialized which saddens me.
6. Edisto Island, South Carolina - another beach town but with Southern charm. It is not commercialized and I just love it there. It is so relaxing and perfect.
7. Cincinnati, Ohio - I was born and raised in this city and I love it. There is so much to do, I love the weather, and my family is there. It will always be "home" to me.
8. Chicago when it warm outside - Every year my friends and I go to Chi-town for a girls get away. Every year it is cold and/or raining. We have so much fun in the city, shopping, drinking, just observing. Yet every time we go we freeze our bottoms off. I want to go there and lay on the beaches of Lake Michigan and then put on a summer dress and hit a bar or two. No coats, no sweaters, just me and some flip flops.
9. The Grand Canyon - I have never been out west. I think the Grand Canyon is amazing and I would love to go on a road trip to check it out.
10. Egypt - I would love to go to Egypt and see the pyramids. I am so fascinated by the Egyptian culture. They were extremely smart and inventive for their time.
11. Yellowstone National Park - Again I have never been out west but Yellowstone looks stunning. It would be neat to see geysers and observe the local wildlife up close.
12. Great Barrier Reef in Australia - You can see it from the outer space and it is the world’s largest single structure, which is made of living organisms.
The reef supports 10,000 species which consists of 1500 types of fishes and 200 kinds of birds. So beautiful.
13. Last and not least Niagara falls - It would be awesome to take a ride on the famous maid-of-the-mist boats.

post signature

2 comments:

Melissa Mashburn said...

I love your list of places to visit. I have been to several of them, but Egypt and The Great Barrier Reef are two places I would like to go to as well. Happy Thursday.

DiscoverEdisto.com said...

I love the wish list. Very similar to the list I would make. The Grand Canyon, Australia, Hawaii, and Islamorada, FL would be at the top. Since you like Edisto check out Islamorada for your Florida location.