Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday 13




This is my first Thursday Thirteen I hope you enjoy it!

13 Moments I will never forget! (In no particular order)

1. The day my boys were born. These 2 days were so amazing and emotion filled. I love them more than I could ever have imagined.
2. The night my brother was born. It was a stormy cold winter night. My grandmother came in and told my sister and I that we had a baby brother. He was 2 months premature and had many health issues but I loved him from the moment I saw him. We are still close to this day.
3. Meeting my husband for the first time. We met online and then he decided to drive to Ohio to meet me. I was so scared. I also knew and told a friend he was the man I was going to marry. Little did I know that it would take 11 years to do so.
4. My Mom's cerebral aneurysm. I still remember this day as if it were yesterday, even though it has been 5 years. It ranks up there as one of the worst days of my life.
5. My Dad's heart attack while my Mom was in ICU for her aneurysm. I remember him calling me and telling me he did not feel well and that I needed to come to his work. It was horrible when I walked in and his coworkers told me that he was having chest pains and an ambulance was on the way. This is another of the worst days I can ever remember.
6. September 11th. I do not know how anyone who lived through that moment in history will ever forget that moment. I was in bed and Mike called to tell me to turn on the tv. It was horrible.
7. My wedding day. Oh I was so nervous that I actually threw up in Jo's driveway. I so tried not to cry during my ceremony so instead I giggled hysterically. Oh what a moment.
8. My Grandfather's funeral. I was about 6 at the time and I can still feel his coldness to this day. I remember kissing his forehead and he was so cold. I do not think I can ever erase that memory, it still gives me chills.
9. The first time Mike told me he loved me. We were in his truck and oh how I loved him.
10. Aden's first day of school. It was just one year ago that I had to face the facts that my little boy was not so little anymore. Of course I cried. It was so hard.
11. The motorcyclist that drove into my Dad's car, head on. On our way to vacation a man riding a motorcycle and no helmet hit some rocks during a turn and crashed into my parents car, which was right ahead of the car I was in. Watching the man bleed and convulse was horrifying. It seemed to take the paramedics forever to get there. To this day I cannot stand the sounds or sight of motorcycles.
12.The day we bought our new house. Well it was new to us, then. I love my house. I can see myself living here until we die (or divorce) whatever should come first. Ha!
13. Telling my Mom that I was pregnant the first time. Oh my, was I scared. I could not tell her for the first few weeks. It was not until I became very ill and had to go to the hospital that I IM'd her on AOL messenger to give her the news. Of course she told my Dad, who then called me. I was more afraid of him, than I was of her. They took it well and were very supportive. It was much worse in my head.








post signature

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Puking in my drive... oh my!