Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Been away again

On Friday I received a phone call from my sister letting me know that my brother in law was going to have a open heart surgery to repair a broken heart valve. She wanted me to come to Ohio and be there with her. Of course there was no way I would say no. My wonderful friend Jodi volunteered to go with me and drive. We made it to the hospital right when he was coming out of surgery Thankfully the surgery went well and he is now recovering in the ICU. I was so scared that he would die and he almost did. He was basically drowning in his own blood. It was originally diagnosed as pneumonia last week, which mimics the symptoms of congestive heart failure. I am so glad that he was at the hospital when he was or I may have still been in Ohio consoling my sister and burying Robert. I am so thankful that Jo was there for me and for my family.

post signature

No comments: