Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween week!

Although I can't stand fall(because you know winter is on its way)I love doing Halloween events with my kids. A few weeks ago we went to an annual event at a local park and got oodles of candy. This past weekend we went to the Humane Society for their annual Howl and Boo event, followed by a new to us event. We had heard about an event called Trick or Treat Street. It is put on at a camp for disabled people. The admission was $2 per trick or treater. I was amazed at how nice this event was. The disabled people loved the kids and of course the kids loved the candy. There was a haunted maze and after all the outdoor activities were done you could go inside and purchase cotton candy, popcorn, hot chocolate, etc. It was one of the best Halloween activities I have ever attended, and it was for a good cause. It will definitely be a yearly event for us now.

post signature

No comments: