Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a summer

This summer has been pretty rough for me health wise. In June I went to Ohio to see my family and while I was there I happened to gain some weight.... for no reason. When I got home I was very bloated and started to have pains near my right ovary. After an ultrasound it was found that I had a 6 cm cyst on my right ovary. Surgery was scheduled and all went well. I had a cyst removed from my right ovary, an adhesion removed from my left, some endometriosis removed, and a whole slew of other things as well. SO fast forward a month and once again the pain begins. At first I was blown off by the OB/GYN that performed my surgery so I went to the OB who treated me while I was pregnant. So the decision came to be that I would try Lupron to shut down my ovaries and put me into a menopause like state. Today was my first shot. I was so scared to take it! I am hoping it works and I can finally feel better. I am so glad that all these problems started after I had my children.

No comments: