Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Growing up

My oldest son is getting so big. Last week he started school for the first time. It was hard to let him go but I can already see him maturing and learning. The first day I cried, now I look forward to dropping him off and I am ready to pick him up at the end of the day. He goes everyday, all day. It is so hard to watch your children grow up and at the same time realize as they age, so do you. Starting school brings forth a whole new set of problems to deal with. Are they making friends? Eating all of their lunch? Do they miss us during the day? Do they feel abandoned. Sometimes I want to drive to the playground and peek through the fence to see what he is up to/if he is having a good time. This being a parent is hard stuff.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

The first time they go off is hard. It gets easier every year!! He will adjust and you will be just fine!