Sunday, October 21, 2007

Free and Clearance

When somebody asks if you want to sample something do you think that it is going to cost you? To me a sample is free, am I wrong? Then you have stores who think that clearancing an item is taking a few cents off of the regular price. Come on, that is not clearance. Clearance is taking more than 50% off the original price. I am a clearance shopper. I love a good deal and will rarely if ever pay full price for clothing or shoes. I watch shows like What not to wear ( I am sure some may think I need to be on that show) and I see them get so little for the 5 grand they are wasting. You know what I could do with 5 thousand dollars?? I would have enough clothes for the rest of my life. I am so not into todays fashions as it is. I mean really my ass is too large for stirrup pants and I loathe straight leg jeans. Besides that if I wanted to wear clothes that make me look pregnant, I would get pregnant and wear maternity clothes. Sorry but I never want to look (or feel) pregnant ever again. That chapter of my fashion life is forever closed. Thank GOD!! Back to topic though I hate when you see a clearance sign and a shirt regularly priced 9.99 is not 9.07 Come on, that is not a deal, that is a waste of my time. No need to get my blood pumping in the anticipation of a great price all for that. Really. Then you have the stores like Once Upon A Child or Goodwill where they are asking 7 bucks for used pants. Now they are making it so even the poor cannot afford used clothes. I just don't get it.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I totally hear ya on that one Robyn! I drives me nuts to see a clearance rack to go over and it's only marked 25-35% off. Like you said.. that's a sale, not a clearance!

Jen said...

Hey.. just wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my blog. :) I hope you don't mind!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!! I was seriously just talking about this with somebody the other day and even though you wrote this a while ago it still so true.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.